In this twist on the recipe we have added BBQ Sauce until it becomes sticky, popped it on some burger buns, added cheddar cheese and little gem lettuce.Jump to Recipe
Jackfruit is a spiky fruit originating in southern India. It has a meaty texture and cooked correctly many people use it to make a plant based shredded chicken,pulled pork or other meat based recipes.
In this twist on the recipe we have added BBQ Sauce until it becomes sticky, popped it on some burger buns, added cheddar cheese and little gem lettuce.
We served with potato wedges made using our amazing Tefal ActiFry and created a great veggie burger Meal which even a hard core meat eater would love.
If you don’t have an Actifry you can pop the wedges on a baking tray with the seasoning and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Large Frying Pan
- Large Baking Tray
- Course Grater
- Mortar and Pestle
- 2 Tins Jackfruit Organic if possible
- 4 Packet Burger Buns Contains egg soy and gluten
- 6 tbsp BBQ sauce Contains gluten
- 2 Baby Gem Lettuce
- 2 Blocks Chedder Cheese Contains milk
- 2 Large Potatoes
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 100 ml Water
- Roast PotatoesPreheat the oven to gas mark 6Chop the potatoes into wedgesSeason with salt and pepper and pop with olive oil in the Tefal Actifry for 25mins
- PrepChop up the chilliPeel and crush the Garlic cloveDrain the jack fruit in a sieve
- Heat Olive oil in a large frying pan on a medium heatWhen hot add the garlic and the chilli We like it hot in this houseStir fry for a minStir in the Jackfruitand fry until slighty coloured stir occationally
- Cook the JackfruitAdd salt and pepperThen 100ml waterplus the BBQ sauceNow simmer till thick and sticky*use a fork to break down the Jackfruit as its quite tough and add water if it looks dry
- Chop up the Little Gem lettuce pop in a bowl add olive oil, salt and pepper
- Serve the cooked Jackfruit in the burger buns (toasted if you like) with the Cheddar cheeseAdd some extra chill if you like and return to the oven to melt the cheese
- De deeer done! add your wedges and serve to grateful hungry Kids and Partners