Rock them in your ponytail or around your wrist as a fun bracelet. Perfect for festival summer season or all year long! My daughter and I have created an easy pattern for making these cute popular scrunchies. And it will be available to download for free from the website soon, please feel free to contact if you would like it sooner.
- These are cotton Elastic stretch
- Knotted bow design created by #sewitsseams_boutique
- The Outer Diameter: Approx. 3 in/7.62 cm
- Inner Diameter: Approx. 1.5 in/3.81 cm
- You can get all your supplies and our Pattern for making the scrunchies from Sew-Inspirational
Scrunchies were in in the 90’s and they have still not gone out of fashion because they are so versatile and kind to your hair.
What you will need
- 12″ of Black or White Elastic depending on what colour fabric you use the best width is 8mm or 6mm
- You will need approx 1 FQ of fabric which will do about 4 x scrunchies
- You will need a sewing machine with different colour bobbins
How to make the perfect Scrunchies
- You will need to cut 2 of each piece of the pattern and pin them right side together (more details on the pattern instructions)
- Sew the bow leaving a 1cm allowance and turn right side out (tip you can use a chop stick to poke out the corners.
- Then sew the other piece together leaving both ends open and turn right side out.
- Get you 12″ of cut elastic (tip pop a safety pin on the end of the elastic and feed through the casing of the hair scrunchies) once you have it through remove the pin and tie the elastic in a knot.
- Sew the ends together creating and un bowed scrunchie. You can also leave your scrunchie like this but we really love the bow look.
- Sew the opening of the bow together now its the correct way, and tie the bow around the scrunchies at the seam so its covered up from view.
- Done! you have the perfect scrunchie in less than 15mins
- You can create these in so many different fabrics to add to your collection as we can never ever have enough scrunchies