This recipe is one of our favourites its jam packed with nutrients and is a simple dish that all the family enjoy, you can substitute with chicken or lamb if you wishJump to Recipe
Jackfruit Potato Curry
- Large Pan with Lid
- Wooden spoon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Large Finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger
- 5 Green onions finely chopped
- 2 tins Jackfruit We use the Biona brand
- 4 medium peeled and diced potatoes
- 2 medium Carrots
- 1 tin Coconut Milk We use Biona brand
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Chilli
- 1/2 Cup Coriander fresh
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Add the coconut oil to your large pan ,once heated add in the dry spices, curry powder, paprika, cumin, turmeric, thyme and cook for a minute stirring constantly.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger, spring (green) onion and cook for 2 minutes or until onions are soft. Rinse and drain the Jackfruit and add with the potato, carrots and stir to coat.
- Add the coconut milk, and 1/2 litre of vegetable broth, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, and scotch bonnet.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20mins When finished. Remove lid, stir in coriander leaves, serve with rice or nann bread.