This recipe is one of our favourites its jam packed with nutrients and is a simple dish that all the family enjoy, you can substitute with chicken or lamb if you wishJump to Recipe
Jackfruit Potato Curry
Vanderhaer Veggie Jackfruit Curry
- Large Pan with Lid
- Wooden spoon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Large Finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger
- 5 Green onions finely chopped
- 2 tins Jackfruit We use the Biona brand
- 4 medium peeled and diced potatoes
- 2 medium Carrots
- 1 tin Coconut Milk We use Biona brand
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Chilli
- 1/2 Cup Coriander fresh
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Add the coconut oil to your large pan ,once heated add in the dry spices, curry powder, paprika, cumin, turmeric, thyme and cook for a minute stirring constantly.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger, spring (green) onion and cook for 2 minutes or until onions are soft. Rinse and drain the Jackfruit and add with the potato, carrots and stir to coat.
- Add the coconut milk, and 1/2 litre of vegetable broth, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, and scotch bonnet.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20mins When finished. Remove lid, stir in coriander leaves, serve with rice or nann bread.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.