This is a lovely flavoursome soup that Iv created from my organic vegetables from Boxed Green
Carrot Beetroot & Ginger Soup
- Large Pan
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 Large Onion Brown
- 1 Large Beetroot
- 2 Large Carrots
- 25 grams Fresh Ginger
- 1 1/4 Litre Boiling water I added Thyme Rosmery and tumeric
- 150 ml not from concentrate orange
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and fry gently for 10 minutes without colouring, until soft and translucent.
- Add the beetroot, carrot and ginger. Stir for 1 minute. Add the orange juice and home made stock. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the veg is tender, about 25-30 minutes or so, depending on how small you've cut your veg. Blend until smooth.
- Gently reheat if needed and check the seasoning before serving.